Monday, July 2, 2012

Crepe Dress

I have been putting off sewing a dress for the longest time for a number of reasons:

Time....finding the perfect fabric.....Time.........finding the right pattern.........Time...........

and of course

PATIENCE


I am the type of sewer who likes to start a project and complete it (at least big projects) within a few hours or sittings.  This Crepe Dress has been calling my name for at least a few months and it is complete!

So, what is a Crepe Dress?  Well, it isn't a delicious, very thin pancake, often rolled or folded around a filling as seen in the image below---although, that does sound yummy! 



Crepe is actually the name for a lightweight fabric of silk, cotton, or other fiber, with a finely crinkled or ridged surface.  So, the Crepe Dress is just an easy wrap style dress with a no sew closure....see below.

back view

I love the cut and style of dress, not to mention the vintage look and fabric.  Heather Bailey's Picnic Bouquet. I had made an apron a few years ago using this print, only in the "gold" and absolutely loved it!  

front view with cap sleeves


me being a nerd

*Note:  My straight hair. 

 I thought to myself, "Why not try to keep the curls away on the hottest and most humid day of summer!?"



complete



I decided after a few rough photos on my own I probably needed some help...I recruited my husband for this pic!  

Do you like?!

  

3 comments:

  1. I have made this dress twice, and love the pattern!

    I really like your fabric choice, it works perfect with the dress style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I can't wait to see yours...I am sure it's adorable:) I hope you are having a good summer with lots of sewing!

      Delete
  2. I totally LOVE this Heather Bailey in the Crepe! It's the quintessential summer dress, easy to dress up or down.

    It was so fun talking to you today in the shop, I can't wait for your next visit.

    ReplyDelete